Welcome to the Love Notes community!
At Not Forgotten and American Cancer Society (The Parties), we know that we all are more alike than different. Whether your journey begins with love notes or legacy, we want everyone to feel welcome in our community. This space is for the community to share ideas, support each other, chat and compete.
It’s important that all members of our community feel safe and supported. To keep the community engaging, safe, and appropriate for all, the following rules clarify what is allowed and prohibited on our forum. If you come across something that violates these Rules or if you experience or witness any behavior that doesn’t follow our community guidelines, please let us know and we will do our best to address the situation. All reports are kept confidential.
• Introduce yourself to the group
• Feel free to post questions and start discussions on any topics relating to Love Notes
• Treat others as you would treat them in real life
• Be polite and communicate with respect
• Respect the privacy of other community members
• Utilize community managers for support
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
Site Access and Security
While using your Love Notes account or any Not Forgotten Services including the library, you:
• Must comply with all applicable laws.
• Must have your own Love Notes account, and select a unique username and password.
• May not share your Love Notes account password with anyone else.
• May not permit a child under the age of 13 to publish information or post content through your Love Notes account.
• Must provide valid and complete contact information, including a valid email address.
• May not select a username that is hateful, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by The Parties, in their sole discretion.
• Must never misrepresent your identity, either to The Parties or to other users.
• Must not interfere or attempt to interfere with the Services, including using any software program, virus or routine to block, obscure, modify any Content or web pages, or to destroy another person’s software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
While using your Love Notes account or any Not Forgotten Services, you may not:
• Post or share any content that contains medical advice
• Post or share content containing any person’s personal, health, proprietary, or confidential information - particularly any medical information, sensitive financial information, or a person’s address, phone number, or email address without their permission. In the case of minors, you’ll need the consent of their parent or guardian.
• Post or share any content that is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive or otherwise objectionable, including content or communications that are degrading, defamatory, vulgar, hateful, libelous, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, sexist, racist, or invasive of another's privacy.
• Stalk, harass, threaten or verbally attack any user or employee of the Parties, or abuse resources, such as misusing an employee’s time.
• Post any information or communication that you know is false or misleading, including impersonating any person, misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity (including The Parties), falsely claiming an endorsement that you do not have, or misrepresenting that you are an employee or representative of The Parties.
Respect for Intellectual Property
While using your Love Notes account and the NotForgotten Services, you may not:
• Post or share content that is protected by copyright or trademark, or that does not belong to you, including pictures and art posted by other users, unless you have express permission from the owner of the copyright or trademark for such content. Read our Copyright Policy for more information.
• Reproduce, reverse-engineer, or sell any portion of NotForgotten’s Services (including the Library) or Not Forgotten Content, or systematically download data from Not Forgotten databases and Library to make or populate another database for any other purpose.
• “Deep link” or frame, inline link, or mirror any part of any Services without The Parties’ written permission.
Spam is Not Allowed
You may not use your Love Notes account or the Not Forgotten Services (or any information obtained through the Services) to post or make available any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation.
The Community Rules apply to all users of Love Notes and Not Forgotten Services (including the Library) and are intended to protect you and the entire Love Notes community. Any capitalized terms used in these Rules shall have the same meaning as set out in the Not Forgotten Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
This list of prohibited conduct is not exhaustive. The Parties prohibit users of the Services from engaging in any activity that The Parties, in their sole discretion, determines to be offensive, interferes with the rights of others, or causes harm to any person or entity. The Parties can’t be responsible for the content our users create and share in the community, but we reserve the right to remove any posts or comments that violate these rules or our Terms and Conditions. Serious or repeat violations or offenses will subject the responsible user to account termination, at The Parties sole discretion.
We always appreciate your feedback in helping to make our forum a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.